I'm teaching my class again. It's the people I love best that get me into this, probably when they're in a meeting when someone laments that there are big problems in the ward with debt and money mismanagement, but no chumps to teach a class on avoiding it. Then my loved one pitches in: they know there IS someone who will do the perfect job! She LOVES to teach the class and is just dying to come do it!
Just in the nick of time, I found out that Steve Martin already condensed my whole class into a 2 minute skit on SNL. I think I show it, we'll eat the cinnamon muffins and all go home. Let me know what you think:
http://consumerist.com/search/clips%20snl-skit-dont-buy-stuff-you-cant-afford-252491.php
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You ARE the one. You don't have to be glad ahead of time. It counts if you're glad you did it after the class, which you will be, and so will all those who get to hear you.
You ought to SHOW this at your class--after you've sort of gently broken them in a bit. And you do have stuff to add about creative tightwaddery. But isn't it funny that this SKIT is funny??
thanks for blogging, mom, and thanks for the clip-!
hilarious...I'm forwarding it to the lady whose teaching money at our enrichment tomorrow!
Post a Comment