Tuesday, February 13, 2007

In the middle of the night last night I had time to reflect that although Mike & I did look into each other's eyes early on in our marriage and say "Let's have a baby!" we never said "Wouldn't it be fun to clean up vomit every 45 minutes all night long?"

I have a funny blog in my head, but I will have to save it for later, because I just had to comment on the blog topic at hand.

I must admit, I have also been completely taken in by the Coug mania. Cougar basketball (personable seeming guys, short game, usually short hike, no nasty weather, great action!) has always been my favorite thing to watch, winning or losing. But I knew that I had turned a bad corner on Saturday when I was facing an intensely packed day with way too many tasks for available hours, had T call and offer me tickets to my 3rd game of the season, and I, the frantically busy mother of 6, had to stop and calm down before forcing myself to say maybe not. Then when Colin called and pointed out that this was probably the best team the cougs would have in my lifetime, I threw in the towel and committed to go.

Mike was stunned. The game, with only 5 of my kids, 2 of them asking an average of 2 questions for every 20 seconds of play time, was still way too fun. ("Why do those 3 guys run up and down the court with all the other guys but they never get to play the game?" Colin would beg to differ; they just play with their whistles?) I pretend that I check the rankings several times Monday morning so that I can tell my boys. When they do their homework early I reward "them" by reading articles to them about the Cougs. We're working on the self-control for the last few home games. . .


The boys say that going to games is good for their education. Hey, they pointed ou, they had never, in person, seen anyone get arrested before. And although it took them a while, they figured out what the fans were saying after that bogus call at the end of the Oregon game, and although they seemed to share the sentiment, I don't think they joined in. Totally educational.


Anyway, Go Cougs!!

2 comments:

twoplustwins said...

I know that Jared's taken in, but how about Seth?

tams said...

Very cleaver question about the refs!!